New European Bauhaus Prizes 2022
The call for applications for the New European Bauhaus Prizes 2022 is open until 7th March, 19:00 CET.
Following the 2021 edition, the initiative celebrates in 2022 once again new inspiring examples of the transformations we went to bring about in our daily lives, living spaces and experiences.
The prizes will recognize and celebrate existing beautiful, sustainable, and inclusive achievements and support the younger generation to further develop emerging concepts and ideas.
There will be prizes in 4 different categories that reflect the thematic axes of transformation identified during the New European Bauhaus’ co-design phase and are inspired by the views and experiences of thousands of EU citizens and organisations:
- Reconnecting with nature
- Regaining a sense of belonging
- Prioritising the places and people that need it the most
- Shaping a circular industrial ecosystem and supporting life-cycle thinking
In each of the categories there are two parallel competition strands:
- New European Bauhaus Awards for existing completed projects
- The winners will receive EUR 30 000 and a communication package
- The runners up will receive EUR 20 000 and a communication package
- New European Bauhaus Rising Stars for ideas by young talents aged 30 or less
- The winners will receive EUR 15 000 and a communication package
- The runners up will receive EUR 10 000 and a communication package
Who can apply and by when?
Both EU and non-EU nationals can apply, as long as their concept, idea or project is actually developed and/or physically located in the EU. Joint/partner and consortia type applications are possible too, with the same criteria as for EU-based projects.
Young people, under the age of 30 on 7 March 2022 can apply for both competition Strands – the New European Bauhaus Awards and the New European Bauhaus Rising Stars. Project promoters who are over 30 years of age can apply for the New European Bauhaus Awards with projects finalised within the past two years (older projects are not eligible).
Applications may be modified as long as they are in draft mode.
The submission deadline has been extended until 7 March 2022 at 19:00 CET.
How to apply?
To apply, visit the dedicated platform where you will find more information on the different categories of the prizes, the detailed guide for applicants in all EU languages, and the official contact point for the prizes.