Cultural Heritage in Action – Sharing Solutions in European Cities and Regions
Cultural heritage empowers cities and regions to strengthen their cultural heritage policies and initiatives as well as develop innovative solutions to preserve cultural heritage assets.
Following an open call for contribution launched in February 2020, 32 local and regional practices were selected to be featured in a European catalogue of good practices. The featured practices are policies, projects, events or organisational structures developed by local and regional authorities.
They are implemented by local/regional authorities themselves or by other local stakeholders and:
- are innovative
- are inspiring for other cities and regions
- have a real impact on the ground.
The catalogue presents inspiring stories focusing on three main topics that are interlinked:
- Participatory governance of cultural heritage
- Adaptive reuse of built heritage
- Quality of interventions on cultural heritage.